Goin' Up The Country

Sean

Re: Goin' Up The Country

Postby Sean » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:27 am

PS: Even the Wi-Fi here works, unlike the last place where it was very slow to the point of not worth using. I am using it now, and it is just fine. Quick as one would expect in the city.
word count: 41

Sean

Postby Sean » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:51 am

I have never been this far north in Western Australia before. There are different birds in the trees up here, even. Why I kid you not I just heard a bird up in a tree outside that sounded just like a duck. It was quacking like a duck! Ducks don't land in trees though. They land on water or on the ground. They don't climb trees, them ducks. Stilll, it quacked like a duck, but it surely doesn't walk like a duck, so I'd say chances are it is not a duck. Goodnight on that note.
word count: 100

Sean

Postby Sean » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:07 am

It's Saturday and I'm HAPPY! The weather is fantastic here in Northampton, the people are absolutely wonderful and I have been doing a little bit of carpentry this week. I still have not gotten around to photoshopping all the photos I've been taking of the town and all the surrounding landmarks, but I have just photoshopped two(2) pictures to illustrate why I have been too busy to sit at this desk and play with my laptop all day this week. I have been occupied with the Real World.

I have narrowed the bed-base from 900mm wide to 800mm, so that it fits the mattress and the sleeping carpenter, and cut out a diagonal at the foot of the bed, 100 lower than the rest of the bed, to make a kind of seat where my feet can touch the ground, and shrunk the desk to a more vanly kind of size, finally doing the last metalwork and carpentry this morning, and then, just for a special treat on a Saturday afternoon, I built a spice-rack.

I had to remove a sheet of masonite last week to attach the fire extinguisher properly, and was left with a hole which fit the imitation tupperwre plastic box quite nicely, so that is how I have finished off this week.

Here are a couple of photos:

The new shrunken desk.

The new spice-rack.
word count: 236

Return to “Travel”